Do you wish to be part of a Youth international mobility association?
Place: Terrassa (Barcelona)
Dates: From 16th October 2020 (we can negociate this date) to 24th August 2021 (10 months).
WHO ARE WE
La Víbria Intercultural it’s an association based in Terrassa, a city with 218.000 inhabitants and 40 min away from Barcelona, that works to promote interculturality and peace culture by doing non-formal education activities.
Founded in 2003, we work with youngsters in different ways: on the one hand, some hours in the week we dedicate exclusively to give information to youngsters aged 13 to 35, in 4 different municipalities of Catalonia region, related to going abroad (to study, to do internships, to volunteer, to work…). On the other hand, we are very active on international activities, so we are hosting, coordinating and sending organization for ESC and moreover, we organize local and international projects related to interculturality and other topics that interests our youngsters.
La Víbria is also actively involved in supporting young people on their professional development by providing internships abroad.
WHAT KIND OF VOLUNTEERING DO WE OFFER?
We are searching for 1 ESC volunteer to support us in our daily communication tasks, taking pictures of the events, preparing videos, helping to improve our site and also supporting the promotion of youth mobility, and being involved in the organisation of local and international activities.
So, that means:
– Promote volunteerism, European Solidarity Corps, Erasmus+ opportunities, preparing talks in highschools and youth centers, sharing your experience…
– Being involved in the activities of La Víbria: local events, activities in the schools, activities related to interculturality.
– Design and communication daily tasks:
* Social media management
* Support on communication during the projects and activities with the creation of audiovisual materials.
* Keeping the website up-to-date and proposing design improvements
* Content creation. press notes and newsletters, articles and memories.
* Presentations and infographics
* Design of posters and promotional material
* Taking pictures, filming and editing viedos from La Víbria projects and activities
* Translation of the website
– Support the office team on administrative tasks, like searching and contacting partners, preparing documents, writing and answering e-mails.
– Help on the creation and implementation of youth international projects.
We are looking for someone that:
- Has a strong motivation to participate in this project and to learn (this is the most important for us, so please apply if you think that this project is for you, even if you think that you don’t have all the desired competences)
- Has social media management skills.
- Has some knowledge about graphic design and video edition tools.
- Has interest in making photos or videos of the activities happening in La Víbria.
- Is proactive, so can propose its own ideas and designs.
- Has the ability to develop content and audiovisual materials.
- Has some knowledge about website management, preferably WordPress.
- Has a good level of English.
- Likes to work in a team.
- Has interest to learn more about international mobility opportunities for youth and international projects.
- Wants to develop new skills in facilitation, youth dynamization, and non-formal education.
- Is creative and can participate in creating new ideas for activities that are beneficial for the association.
- Has motivation to learn Catalan (the language course will be in catalan).
WHAT DO WE OFFER
- The possibility to be part of a dynamic team willing to share knowledge, and experience
- A shared flat in the center of Terrassa with other ESC volunteers.
- Pocket money and food money : 275€/month
- Catalan lessons during all the project
- Some bikes are available for the use of the volunteers
WORKING PLACE: La Casa Baumann (Youth Information Office) – Av. Jacquard, 1. 08222, Terrassa
NUMBER OF HOURS: 30h/week + catalan course. Most of the weeks with free weekend, with few exceptions, due to local events as fairs, local activities or hosting international projects.
LANGUAGE COURSE: 4h per week of Catalan course (virtual at the moment)
HOLIDAYS: The local and national holidays + 2 free days a month (some of them should coincide with the rest of the team holidays).
ACCOMMODATION: You’ll be living in a equiped flat with other ESC volunteers
If you are interested please send us your Motivation Letter and Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com
Please, don’t be afraid of asking whatever you have in mind. We’ll clarify all your doubts!
And register to ESC: https://europa.eu/youth/solidarity/placement/25058_en
If you want to discover how was the daily life of the our last volunteers, take a look on their official journey:
2019/2020: https://vibria.org/diari-voluntaries-19-20/ (Alena and Toni are the ones that have been volunteering in La Víbria Intercultural.)
2018/2019: https://vibria.org/diari-voluntaries-18-19/ (Gvantsa and Nataliia are the ones that have been volunteering in La Víbria Intercultural.)