For Italian volunteers wailing to work on a creative space in topics as design and audiovisual.
Place: Terrassa (Barcelona) – Dates: From 15 October 2017 to 15 July 2018
WHO WE ARE
La Víbria Intercultural it’s a small association placed in Terrassa (40 min from Barcelona) that works the interculturality and the peace culture by doing activities of non-formal education. In our daily work, we deal with youngsters in different ways: in one hand, we have some hours in the week dedicated exclusively to give information to youngsters from 13 to 30 years old, related to going abroad (to study, to do internships, for volunteering, to work…). On the other hand, we are partners with the European network of Erasmus+, and so, we are hosting, coordinating and sending organization for EVS, Youth exchanges and Training Courses. Moreover, we organize local projects related to interculturality.
BAUMANNLAB, WHAT IS IT?
BaumannLab is the laboratory of youth creation of the City Council of Terrassa, focused on the production and support of artistic creation (multidisciplinary), with the visual arts and the contemporary thought as a principal point of interest.
Its main objectives are:
– Encourage the development of the critical attitude of young people through artistic practices.
– Promote the visibility of the universe and its youthful worldview citizens of Terrassa.
– Provide training and professionalization of young artists about contemporary art practices.
– To promote artistic research and development and production of artistic work processes.
– Encourage the production of collective creativity through the establishment of a network of relationships between institutions, organizations, groups and other stakeholders with common goals through transversal work.
Thedistinctive features of the methodology of this creative laboratory are strengthening synergies between various activities such as research, production, training and dissemination, as well as public and diverse range of users.
WHICH KIND OF VOLUNTEERING WE OFFER
We are searching for a SVE that give support in our daily tasks in the BaumannLab office. So, that means:
– Graphic design: make flyers and posters of the artistic events that BaumannLab promotes and organizes. This will be the main task.
– Photography and video: covering the activities related with BaumannLab with photos or video,
Depending on the motivation of the volunteer, and the interest.
– Promoting Erasmus+ activities: making activities and dynamics in schools or local organizations to talk about your experience and others related to volunteering or traveling abroad
– Being involved in the activities of La Víbria: local events, activities in the schools, activities related to interculturality
We are looking for some volunteer that can support to all these tasks, so:
– Has some knowledges about graphic design (Illustrator, Photoshop…)
– Creative and with artistic sense
– Has interest in work making photos or videos if it’s required
– Is proactive, so can propose own ideas and designs
– Can work in an autonomous way
– Want to learn a new culture and a new language
– Want to be involved in an association of international mobility as LA VÍBRIA, and wants to know the Erasmus+ world.
– Having medium level of Spanish
– Interest in learning catalan language
It would be really good to have one person who wants to learn new languages, or know before coming a base of Spanish to prepare yourself.
WHAT DO WE OFFER YOU
– Catalan lessons during all the year (3h per week)
– There will be three more volunteers working near you, not with the same tasks neither in the same place, but you’ll be part of the same team.
WORKING PLACE: La Casa Baumann (Youth services) – Av. Jacquard, 1. 08222, Terrassa
NUMBER OF HOURS: 30h
HOLIDAYS: 2 days per month (you can accumulate them).
ACCOMMODATION: You’ll be living in a flat, with other EVS or students of the city.
CONTACT: email@example.com / http://www.vibria.org
Please, don’t be afraid of asking whatever you have in mind. We’ll solve all your doubts!!!
If you are interested please send us your Motivation Letter and Curriculum Vitae before 17th July.
Please, don’t be afraid of asking whatever you have in mind. We’ll solve all your doubts!