Do you wish to volunteer in a Youth international mobility association?
Place: Terrassa (Barcelona) – Dates: From 15 September 2018 to 15 July 2019
WHO WE ARE
La Víbria Intercultural it’s a small association placed in Terrassa (40 min from Barcelona) that works the interculturality and peace culture by doing activities of non-formal education. Founded in 2003, La Víbria is now providing its services for 4 different municipalities of Catalonia region. In our daily work, we work with youngsters in different ways: on the one hand, some hours in the week we dedicate exclusively to give information to youngsters aged 13 to 35, related to going abroad (to study, to do internships, to volunteer, to work…). On the other hand, we are partners of the European network of Erasmus+, so we are hosting, coordinating and sending organization for EVS.
Moreover, we organize local and international projects related to interculturality and other topics that interests our youngsters.
WHICH KIND OF VOLUNTEERING WE OFFER
We are searching for an EVS that give support in our daily tasks in the office. So, that means:
– Administrative tasks like searching and contacting partners, preparing documents, writing and answering mails, communication in social network
– Giving information about international mobility to young people in the Youth Center
– Supportingthe coordination of Erasmus+ projects: sending people to EVS and Youth Exchanges; creating and writing projects, supporting the development of some of these projects and organizing actively at least one of the projects (Youth Exchange or Training Course).
– Promoting Erasmus+ activities: preparing activities in schools or local organizations to talk about your experience and others related to volunteering or traveling abroad
– Being involved in the activities of La Víbria: local events, activities in the schools, activities related to interculturality.
We are looking for someone that:
– Has knowledge about the Erasmus+ program (has been involved in similar organisation as a volunteer or youth worker or has partcipated in some Youth Exchange, Training Course)
– Has some skills on facilitation, youth dynamization and non-formal education
– Is creative and can participate in creating new ideas for activities that are beneficial for our association.
– Has at least medium level of Spanish
– Has a real interest in learning catalan (the daily work is in Catalan)
WHAT DO WE OFFER YOU
– Catalan lessons during all the project (3h per week)
– There will be three more volunteers working near you, not with the same tasks neither in the same place, but you’ll be part of the same team.
– The possibility of knowing how an association works and the chance of learning a lot about Erasmus+ projects, non formal education and youth dynamization.
WORKING PLACE: La Casa Baumann (Youth services) – Av. Jacquard, 1. 08222, Terrassa
NUMBER OF HOURS: 30h
HOLIDAYS: 2 days per month (you can accumulate them).
ACCOMMODATION: You’ll be living in a flat with other EVS or students
CONTACT: email@example.com / http://www.vibria.org
If you are interested please send us your Motivation Letter and Curriculum Vitae before 15th April
Please, don’t be afraid of asking whatever you have in mind. We’ll solve all your doubts!