ESC platform call:
Place: Sant Cugat del Vallès, Catalonia
Dates: From 15th January 2022 to 15 December 2022 (11 months).
WHO ARE WE
The Center Jeroni de Moragas SCCL, is a cooperative of professionals of social initiative and nonprofit oriented, with a 45 years trajectory. We care for more than 100 people in Sant Cugat del Vallès, coming from different regions like Barcelonès and Vallès Occidental. Our goal is to present services oriented to social and labour inclusion of adult people with functional and intellectual diversity, mental illness and autism spectrum disorder (ASD).
The Occupational Centre develops its own Model of Bio-psycho-social Intervention (Physical, psychological and social). The team is a group of professionals made by psychologists, social workers, social educators, occupational therapist and social integrators who are in charge of planning and implementing therapeutic, occupational and pre-labour activities, with the aim of improving the quality of life of the people that we care for.
The Residential Service consists of 4 residential houses for 6-7 people, with the main goal of providing the intellectual development in society, enhancing their personal growth.
WHAT TYPES OF VOLUNTEERING WE OFFER
We are looking for 2 ESC volunteers that will support the direct attention team of the Occupational Center and the Service of residences of Jeroni de Moragas Center.
In relation to the tasks of the volunteers, we expect that they will actively participate in the activities and that will proactively propose new dynamics in the implementation of the activities.
The main functions will be:
- Offering accompaniment and social support, establishing a significative link with the person with disability.
- Helping to improve the quality of life of the people that we care for, sharing the activities that the residence and the occupational center do.
- Motivating the group of people that we care for, in order to encourage them to do the activity correctly.
- Being in charge of detecting possible incidents in the activities development, and will activate the participation of the most passive ones.
- Being responsible of the material used for the activity.
- Giving support in community and social inclusion activities.
In no case the voluntary will be responsible alone, he/she will always have the responsible professional as a reference person.
- We wish the volunteer to be a youngster with interest in social topics, willing to learn and to contribute.
- Emotional stability and responsibility
- It is not necessary to have a basic knowledge of Spanish or Catalan
- Availability to volunteer during weekends, in leisure and free time activities.
- Respectful person towards people’s dignity and privacy of information.
- Patient person, with emotional self-control and flexible, that will adapt to the performance of the directed activities.
- Ability to empathize in order to get to know the needs, interests and desires of the people with intellectual disability.
- Basic knowledge of Spanish or Catalan
WHAT DO WE OFFER
- A teamwork environment, with commitment and fellowship. A volunteering experience within a working cooperative.
- An intervention style based in the promotion of the quality of life, personal autonomy, community participation and rights.
- A place where to provide experiences, contact with people with Intellectual Development disorder, participation in the basic activities or the daily life, in the hygiene and autonomy habits, in the therapeutic activities.
- Collaboration in the technological projects, Snoezelen room of sensorial stimulation, participation in the development of cognitive stimulation apps.
- Participation in community projects: rehearsals with the inclusive music group, trainings and matches with the inclusive football team, scholar visits and programs of learning and service, preparation and recording of the radio program Per Tu, participation and recording of Moragas TV episodes…
- Participation and support in domestic activities from the residences, support in leisure activities and excursions…
WORKPLACE: Taller Jeroni de Moragas, Avinguda Villadelprat, nº79, Sant Cugat del Vallès, 08197.
NUMBER OF HOURS PER WEEK: 30
LANGUAGE COURSE: 4h per week of Catalan course (2 days per week)
HOLIDAYS: 2 consecutive days per week + 2 days per month
ACCOMMODATION: You will live in a flat in Terrassa with other ESC volunteers
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 12th September 2021
INTERVIEW DATES: 27-28th September 2021
If you are interested please fill up the following application form: https://form.jotform.com/212081676012043 and don’t forget to register yourself on ESC platform or apply directly on: https://europa.eu/youth/solidarity/placement/27633_en
Please, don’t be afraid of asking whatever you have in mind. We’ll clarify all your doubts! Due to the summer holidays you can expect our feedback after the 12th September
If you want to discover how was the daily life of the our last volunteers, take a look on their official journey: