Place: Terrassa, Catalonia
Dates: 4 October, 2019 to 31 July, 2020
WHO ARE WE
The Amat Roumens Foundation, FUPAR is a private and non-profit social organization created in 1985 that respond to a proposal made by a group of parents who sought to give continuity to the process of training and social inclusion of their children with disabilities, once the special education stage ended.
The project started from a new approach in our country, based on occupational employment as a way of inclusion, and at that time it meant an innovative experience in Spain. FUPAR offers attention to more than 330 people with disabilities. Each of the people attended, in accordance with their capacities and autonomy, receive the most appropriate support. The management and support staff is made up of more than 80 professionals and volunteers.
The Leisure Service of the Foundation organizes and fosters the participation of people with intellectual disabilities in socio-educational and sports activities, as a platform to improve personal autonomy and social inclusion. Although in the city of Terrassa there is a big offer (municipal and/or private) in the field of training, non-formal education and leisure, it’s difficult their participation. Either because of the person’s own idiosyncrasy or because only rarely the activities are available to their interests and capacities, and even more, in the case of adults with intellectual disabilities.
WHAT TYPES OF VOLUNTEERING WE OFFER
Regarding the general functions of volunteering, we suppose that you must participate actively in the processes of design, development and evaluation of the socio-educational and sports proposals that are programmed each year. Below we detail the specific functions:
- A) Design:
- Detect needs and interests of the particpants
- Design the annual program together: objectives, contents, methodology… based on the needs detected
- Introduce to the group the possible activities to be carried out
- B) Development:
- Participate in the coordination meetings
- Promote self-management during practice
- Motivate the group to make a positive contribution
- Leave all the ordered material in the activity room
- Check the attendance of the participants and detect incidents
- Provide material, resources … so that the group can carry out the programmed activity
- Keep the space where the activity is organized
- C) Evaluation:
- Evaluate the viability of the proposed activities and reorient them if they do not adjust to the group
- Carry out the quarterly evaluation of the activity and incorporate the appropriate improvements
- 18 – 30 years old
- Emotional stability, responsibility and suitable commitment for the development of his activity as a voluntary
- Capacity of autonomy and sufficient personal skills in order to collaborate in the activities of leisure and sport
- Availability some weekends and flexibility with the time schedule
- Studies, experience or motivation related with the dynamics of activities in the field of the disabled impairment
- Has at least medium level of Spanish
- Has a real interest in learning catalan (the daily work is in Catalan)
- You have to be ready to work some weekends. You will recieve free days during the week instead.
Also, it is necessary to take into account a series of fundamental aspects that form part of the essence of the voluntary action:
- Respect the confidentiality of the information that circulates
- Show a positive attitude, open and committed with the needs of the people with functional diversity, especially intellectual and developmental, his families and the own entity.
WHAT DO WE OFFER
- Enjoy a voluntary action that respects the dignity and personal privacy and convictions political, religious or of any type, avoiding all discrimination
- Have an updated information on the programs and actions in those that will take part
- Receive the follow-up and support to be part of the entity’s team
- Take part actively in the evaluation of the programs socio-educational, sportive and volunteering
- Practise the Catalan language and/or Spanish
- Know all the team of voluntary people that also take part in the entity
- Know the surroundings by means of the activities
- Pocket money and food money: 275€
PLACE OF WORK: FUPAR C/ CAMPIONES OLÍMPIQUES 36, TERRASSA 08225
NUMBER OF HOURS: 30h
HOLIDAYS: Alternating weekends
ACCOMMODATION: You will live in a flat with other ESC volunteers
If you are interested please send us your Motivation Letter and Curriculum Vitae before 9th september to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, don’t be afraid of asking whatever you have in mind. We’ll solve all your doubts!
If you want to discover how was the daily life of the our last volunteers, take a look on their official journey. Daniel is the one that has been volunteering in Fupar.