ESC platform call:
Do you wish to be part of a Youth international mobility association?
Place: Terrassa (Barcelona)
Dates: From 15th January 2022 to 15 December 2022 (11 months).
WHO ARE WE
La Víbria Intercultural it’s an association based in Terrassa, a city with 218.000 inhabitants and 40 min away from Barcelona, that works to promote interculturality and peace culture by doing non-formal education activities.
Founded in 2003, we work with youngsters in different ways: on the one hand, some hours in the week we dedicate exclusively to give information to youngsters aged 13 to 35, in 4 different municipalities of Catalonia region, related to going abroad (to study, to do internships, to volunteer, to work…). On the other hand, we are very active on international activities, so we are hosting, coordinating and sending organization for ESC and moreover, we organize local and international projects related to interculturality and other topics that interests our youngsters.
La Víbria is also actively involved in supporting young people on their professional development by providing internships abroad.
WHAT KIND OF VOLUNTEERING DO WE OFFER?
We are searching for 2 ESC volunteers that give support in our daily tasks promoting mobility and organising local and international activities. So, that means:
– Promote volunteering, European Solidarity Corps, Erasmus+ opportunities, preparing talks in high schools and youth centers, sharing your experience…
– Provide information about international mobility for young people in the Youth Information Center
– Support the office team on administrative tasks, like searching and contacting partners, preparing documents, writing and answering mails
– Support the sending of participants to international projects: pre-departure preparation of volunteers and participants to youth exchanges.
– Help on the creation and implementation of youth international projects.
– Being involved in the activities of La Víbria: local events, activities in the schools, activities related to interculturality.
– Help on the dinamization of social networks of the organization.
– Support on communication during the projects with the creation of audiovisual materials.
We are looking for someone that:
– Has knowledge about the Erasmus+ program (has been involved in similar organization as a volunteer or as a youth worker or has participated in some Youth Exchange, Training Course…
– Has some skills on facilitation, youth dinamization, and non-formal education
– Is creative and can participate in creating new ideas for activities that are beneficial for the association.
– Has a real interest in learning Catalan (the language course will be in catalan)
- medium level of Spanish and English
- Interest in Communication and graphic edition (to be involved in social media and website management)
WHAT DO WE OFFER
- The possibility to be part of a dynamic team willing to share knowledge, and experience
- A shared flat in the center of Terrassa with other ESC volunteers.
- Pocket money and food money : 275€/month
- Catalan lessons during all the project
- Some bikes are available for the use of the volunteers
WORKING PLACE: La Víbria Office – Carrer del Racó, 13, 08222 Terrassa
NUMBER OF HOURS: 30h/week + catalan course. Most of the weeks with free weekend, with few exceptions, due to local events as fairs, local activities or hosting international projects.
LANGUAGE COURSE: 4h per week of Catalan course (2 days per week)
HOLIDAYS: The local and national holidays + 2 free days a month (some of them should coincide with the rest of the team holidays).
ACCOMMODATION: You’ll be living in a equiped flat with other ESC volunteers
If you are interested, please fill up this application form: https://form.jotform.com/212081676012043 or directly on the ESC platform: https://europa.eu/youth/solidarity/placement/27634_en
Please, don’t be afraid of asking whatever you have in mind. We’ll clarify all your doubts! Due to the summer holidays you can expect our feedback after the 12th September
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 12th September 2021
INTERVIEW DATES: 1st and 4th October 2021
If you want to discover how was the daily life of the our last volunteers, take a look on their official journey:
Dori, Ricardo, Gvantsa, Nataliia, Antonin and Alena are the ones that have been volunteering in La Víbria Intercultural.