Place: Terrassa (Barcelona)
Dates: From 14th September 2023 to 14 August 2024 (11 months)
WHO ARE WE?
La Víbria Intercultural is an association based in Terrassa, a city with 224.000 inhabitants, 40 min away from Barcelona, that works to promote interculturality and peace culture by implementing non-formal education activities.
Founded in 2003, we work with youngsters in different ways: on the one hand, some hours of the week are dedicated exclusively for giving information to youngsters aged 13 to 35, in different municipalities of Catalonia, related to going abroad (to study, to do internships, to volunteer, to work…). On the other hand, we are very active on international activities, so we are hosting, coordinating and sending youngsters for ESC projects and different mobilities and moreover, we organise local and international projects related to interculturality, environment, employability and other topics that interests our youngsters.
La Víbria is also actively involved in supporting young people in their professional and personal development by providing internships abroad.
WHAT TYPES OF VOLUNTEERING WE OFFER
We are searching for 1 ESC volunteer that gives support in our daily tasks promoting mobility and organising local and international activities.
So, that means:
- Sharing your experience and promoting volunteering, ESC and Erasmus+ opportunities to young people
- Giving talks in highschools and youth centres, providing information about international mobility in the Youth Information Center and local fairs
- Supporting the office team on administrative tasks, like searching and contacting partners, preparing documents, writing and answering emails- a big part of the working hours will be on the computer!
- Contributing to the creation and implementation of youth international projects
- Supporting and hosting pre-departure and return meetings for sending local youngsters to projects abroad and helping with the administrative part of sending participants abroad
- Being involved in La Víbria daily activities: local events, activities in schools, activities related to interculturality, introducing educational games to other youth workers and much more
We are looking for someone that:
- Has knowledge about the Erasmus+ program (has been involved in similar organisations as a volunteer or as a youth worker or has participated in some Youth Exchange, Training Course…
- Has some skills in facilitation, gamification, and non-formal education
- Is creative and willing to participate in creating new ideas for activities that are beneficial for the association.
- Has a real interest in learning Catalan
- Can communicate in English
- Can manage to adapt to different tasks, situations and people
- Understands that helping with administrative tasks also brings many days of computer work
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Good communicator
- Openness for trying out different tasks
- Creativity and a sense of initiative
- Self-autonomy for working independently
- Capability of working in a team
- Patience for working on a computer
WHAT DO WE OFFER
- Being part of a dynamic, multicultural team willing to share knowledge and experience
- A trusting, friendly and flexible working environment where every day can be different in terms of tasks and assignments
- Possibility to:
- Develop your own ideas in our strategic lines: environment, gamification, youth work, radio, etc and implement them
- Work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays
- Have a flexible working schedule
La Víbria Intercultural Office: Carrer Pantà 75, 08221, Terrassa
28h per week from Monday to Friday with 2 days for working from home
Weekends are normally free, except for some occasions when we participate in fairs, local activities or host international projects. You will always get 2 consecutive days off per week.
4h per week of Catalan course
The volunteer enjoys 2 extra days of holidays per month worked, so in this project there will be a total of 22 days of vacation. Holidays can be arranged according to the volunteer’s needs, taking into account that some days in Chrismas and Easter will be mandatory.
Fully equipped flat in the central area of Terrassa shared with other ESC volunteers. Some rooms are private, some shared with another person. Depending on the flat, it will be 15/20 minutes by walk from the office. Some bikes will be available to use and share with the other volunteers in the flats.
Pocket and food money: 325€/month
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 15th july 2023
Please don’t be afraid to ask anything that comes to your mind. We’re delighted to help you!
If you are interested apply directly on: https://youth.europa.eu/solidarity/placement/27634_en
If you want to discover how was the daily life of the our last volunteers, take a look on their official journey: