Place: Terrassa (Barcelona)
Dates: From 14th September 2023 to 14th August 2024 (11 months)
WHO ARE WE?
La Víbria Intercultural is an association based in Terrassa, a city with 224.000 inhabitants and 40 min away from Barcelona, that works to promote interculturality and peace culture by doing non-formal education activities.
Founded in 2003, we work with youngsters in different ways: on the one hand, some hours in the week we dedicated exclusively to give information to youngsters aged 13 to 35, in different municipalities of Catalonia region, related to going abroad (to study, to do internships, to volunteer, to work…). On the other hand, we are very active on international activities, so we are hosting, coordinating and sending youngsters for ESC and moreover, we organize local and international projects related to interculturality and other topics that interests our youngsters.
La Víbria is also actively involved in supporting young people on their professional development by providing internships abroad.
WHAT TYPES OF VOLUNTEERING WE OFFER
We are searching for 1 volunteer to support us in our daily communication tasks: take pictures and videos of the events, prepare and publish content for social networks (instagram, tiktok, twitter, youtube), create and layout the content for the website. The volunteer will also support the promotion of youth mobility, and be involved in the organisation of local and international activities.
So, that means:
- Communication daily tasks:
- Social media management (Instagram, Tiktok, Twitter, Youtube)
- Taking pictures, filming and editing videos from La Víbria projects and activities.
- Support on communication during the projects and activities with the creation of audiovisual materials.
- Creating audiovisual materials from our activities and the volunteers experience.
- Publishing and keeping the website up-to-date.
- Content creation, press notes, newsletters, articles and memories.
- Translation of the website.
- Presentations and infographics.
- Promote volunteering, ESC, Erasmus+ opportunities, preparing talks in highschools and youth centres, sharing your experience, etc.
- Being involved in the activities of La Víbria: local events and local participation groups, activities in highschools, activities related to interculturality.
- Support to the office team on administrative tasks, like searching and contacting partners, preparing documents, writing and answering emails.
We are looking for someone that:
- Has community management skills.
- Has interest in taking photos and videos of the activities happening in La Vibria.
- Has some knowledge about photos and video edition tools and softwares.
- Has some knowledge about the software Canva.
- Has the ability to develop content and audiovisual materials.
- Is proactive, so can propose his/her own ideas.
- Is creative and who keeps up with social networks trends.
- Has a good level of English.
- Likes to work in a team.
- Has interest to learn more about international mobility opportunities for youth and international projects.
- Wants to develop new skills in facilitation, youth dynamisation, and non-formal education.
- Is creative and can participate in creating new ideas for activities that are benefitial for the association.
- Has motivation to learn Catalan (the language course will be Catalan).
- Has some skills in graphic design (creation of layout, poster, logos…).
- Has some knowledge about Adobe software.
- Has some knowledge about website management (using wordpress).
- Has some knowledge of Spanish.
WHAT DO WE OFFER:
- Being part of a dynamic, multicultural team willing to share knowledge and experience
- A trusting, friendly and flexible working environment where every day can be different in terms of tasks and assignments
- Possibility to:
- Develop your own ideas in our strategic lines: environment, gamification, youth work, radio, etc and implement them
- Work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays
- Have a flexible working schedule
La Víbria Intercultural Office: Carrer Pantà 75, 08221, Terrassa
28h per week from Monday to Friday with 2 days for working from home
Weekends are normally free, except for some occasions when we participate in fairs, local activities or host international projects. You will always get 2 consecutive days off per week.
4h per week of Catalan course
The volunteer enjoys 2 extra days of holidays per month worked, so in this project there will be a total of 22 days of vacation. Holidays can be arranged according to the volunteer’s needs, taking into account that some days in Chrismas and Easter will be mandatory.
Fully equipped flat in the central area of Terrassa shared with other ESC volunteers. Some rooms are private, some shared with another person. Depending on the flat, it will be 15/20 minutes by walk from the office. Some bikes will be available to use and share with the other volunteers in the flats.
Pocket and food money: 325€/month
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 15th july 2023
Please don’t be afraid to ask anything that comes to your mind. We’re delighted to help you!
If you are interested apply directly on: https://youth.europa.eu/solidarity/placement/27632_en
If you want to discover how was the daily life of the our last volunteers, take a look on their official journey: