Place: Terrassa, Barcelona
Dates: From 14th September 2023 – 14th August 2024 (11 months)
WHO WE ARE:
Prodis is a non-profit social entity that works for and with adults with intellectual disabilities, cerebral palsy, mental disorder in Terrassa and its natural environment. We offer work services, in a protected environment, occupational therapy services, occupational insertion services, housing services, sports and leisure.In Prodis, we understand that improving the quality of life is not just about the absence of disease, but about maximizing people’s potential by enabling them to enjoy good physical, mental and social health.
WHAT TYPES OF VOLUNTEERING WE OFFER
We are looking for 1 volunteer to support Prodis in the Cerebral Palsy Centre
The volunteer will be most of the time in the Cerebral Palsy Centre of Prodis where will be able to accompany the people we attend. These people are between 21 and 60 years old (or older) and have high support needs. They need a person to carry out practically all the activities of daily life, such as eating, moving around, communicating, etc. It will be necessary to provide support to the monitoring team that assists them in activities such as motor skills, handicrafts, theater, etc. The activity will take place from Monday to Sunday and some weekends sporadically.
- Catalan or Spanish basic level.
- Empathetic, active and eager to participate in the activities we do.
- Ability to improvise and adapt to changes.
- Emotional stability
- Sensitivity towards the group we serve.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to plan and self-manage.
- Ability to learn and carry out assistance tasks.
- Ability to give emotional support to the people we assist.
WHAT DO WE OFFER
- To learn the methods of support in psycho-social regulation activities and co-liderating it.
- To be able to break down stigmas and join us in the struggle to make our society more inclusive (by, for example, participating in a local event accompanying them)
- To be able to see how many capabilities people with disabilities have.
- To participate in daily life, occupation and artistic activities
- To participate in community projects and leisure activities
- Getting to know the structure and the social network of the entity.
- To practice of the Catalan and Spanish daily
Most of the time in Prodis Cerebral Palsy Centrebuilding: Carrer de Pau Marsal 136, 08222, Terrassa.
But also can be in other spaces in Terrassa like the Occupational Centre in Plaça del Tint, or in our homes located in different neighborhoods of Terrassa (Torresana, Can Tusell or La Cogullada)
28h per week with 2 free days per week (sometimes weekends, sometime weekdays)
4h per week of Catalan course (2 days per week)
The volunteer enjoys 2 extra days of holidays per month worked, so in this project there will be a total of 22 days of vacation. Holidays can be arranged according to the volunteer’s needs, taking into account that some days in August will be mandatory.
Fully equipped flat in the central area of Terrassa shared with other ESC volunteers. Some rooms are private, some shared with another person. Depending on the flat, it will be 15/20 minutes by walk from the workplace. Some bikes will be available to use and share with the other volunteers in the flats.
Pocket and food money: 325€/month
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 15th july 2023
Please, don’t be afraid of asking whatever you have in mind. We’ll clarify all your doubts!
If you are interested please apply directly on: https://youth.europa.eu/solidarity/placement/35260_en
If you want to find out what the daily life of the last volunteers was like, take a look at their official trip: