Do you wish to be part of a Youth Mobility association?
Place: Terrassa (Barcelona)
Dates: From 15th January to 15th December 2022 (11 months)
WHO ARE WE?
La Víbria Intercultural it’s an association based in Terrassa, a city with 218.000 inhabitants and 40 min away from Barcelona, that works to promote interculturality and peace culture by doing non-formal education activities.
Founded in 2003, we work with youngsters in different ways: on the one hand, some hours in the week we dedicate exclusively to give information to youngsters aged 13 to 35, in 4 different municipalities of Catalonia region, related to going abroad (to study, to do internships, to volunteer, to work…). On the other hand, we are very active on international activities, so we are hosting, coordinating and sending organization for ESC and moreover, we organize local and international projects related to interculturality and other topics that interests our youngsters.
La Víbria is also actively involved in supporting young people on their professional development by providing internships abroad.
WHAT KIND OF VOLUNTEERING DO WE OFFER?
We are searching for 1 ESC volunteer to support us in our daily communication tasks, taking pictures of the events, preparing videos, helping to improve our site and also supporting the promotion of youth mobility, and being involved in the organisation of local and international activities.
So, that means:
- Promote volunteering, ESC, Erasmus+ opportunities, preparing talks in highschools and youth centres, sharing your experience, etc.
- Being involved in the activities of La Víbria: local events and local participation groups, activities in highschools, activities related to interculturality.
- Design and communication daily tasks:
- Social media management.
- Support on communication during the projects and activities with the creation of audiovisual materials.
- Keeping the website up-to-date and preparing design improvements.
- Content creation, press notes and newsletters, articles and memories.
- Presentations and infographics.
- Design of posters and promotional materials.
- Creating audiovisual materials from our activities and the volunteers experience.
- Taking pictures, filming and editing videos from La Víbria projects and activities.
- Translation of the website.
- Support to the office team on administrative tasks, like searching and contacting partners, preparing documents, writing and answering emails.
WHAT DO WE EXPECT?
We are looking for someone that:
- Has social media management skills.
- Has some knowledge about graphic desing and video edition tools.
- Has interest in taking photos or videos of the activities happening in La Vibria.
- Is proactive, so can propose his/her own ideas and designs.
- Has the ability to develop content and audiovisual materials.
- Has some knowledge about website management.
- Has a good level of English.
- Likes to work in a team.
- Has interest to learn more about international mobility opportunities for youth and international projects.
- Wants to develop new skills in facilitation, youth dinamisation, and non-formal education.
- Is creative and can participate in creating new ideas for activities that are benefitial for the association.
- Has motivation to learn Catalan (the language couse will be Catalan).
WHAT DO WE OFFER:
- The possibility to be part of a dynamic team willing to share knowledge and experience
- A shared flat in the center of Terrassa with other ESC volunteers
- Pocket Money and food money: 275€/month
- Catalan lessons during all the project
- Some bikes are available for the use of the volunteers
La Víbria Intercultural Office
Carrer del Racó, 13, 08221, Terrassa
NUMBER OF HOURS
30h/week + catalan course. Most of the weeks with free weekend, with few exceptions, due to local events as fairs, local activities or hosting international projects. You will always get 2 consecutive days off per week.
4h per week of Catalan course (virtual at the moment, might change if Covid situation allows it)
The local and national holidays + 2 free days a month (some of them should coincide with the rest of the team holidays).
ACCOMMODATION: You’ll be living in a equiped flat with other ESC volunteers
If you are interested, please fill up the following application form: https://form.jotform.com/212081676012043 and remember to register to the ESC platform: https://europa.eu/youth/solidarity/placement/27632_en
Please, don’t be affraid of asking whatever you have in mind. We’ll clarify all your doubts! Due to the summer holidays you can expect our feedback after the 12th September
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 12th September 2021
INTERVIEW DATES: 1st and 4th October 2021
If you want to discover how was the daily life of the last volunteers, take a look on their official journey:
Dori, Ricardo, Gvantsa, Nataliia, Antonin and Alena are the ones that have been volunteering in La Víbria Intercultural in the last years.